Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Roaring Entrance

I feel like lately, since the heat has made me lethargic, I've just resorted to shopping to help decorate my house. The only good news with this is I have gotten some amazing deals lately. Marshall's and Home Goods are my friend!

Matter of fact, I bought one of my most exciting purchases, yet, last weekend at Home Goods. This may not be that big of a deal to you, but I have been on the hunt for the perfect doorstop for a while. See, because our house is older (built in the 80s), it, like many houses, has some quirks from settling. For our house, that includes the front door not staying open on its own.

Landon found a box to prop it open, and while he thought that was a fine solution, I decided that wasn't the most appealing choice. I had actually seen in a magazine a few months back a great little white lion statue, and I immediately decided that is what I wanted for my doorstop.

I thought this would be an easy enough purchase to make. I mean, surely stores sell ceramic lions. I was even willing to buy one and spray paint it. It didn't need to be perfect. Just the right shape.

Well, apparently this was not as easy as I thought. I have looked everywhere over the past few months -- Garden Ridge, Marshall's, Hobby Lobby, Target, Goodwill. You name it. I saw lots of elephant,s camels, dogs and cats statues but no lions.

Having given up on finding my perfect lion, I was in Home Goods holding a dog that I figured would work when I saw it -- beautiful, black lion. 


Best yet, it wasn't ceramic (a.k.a. extremely fragile and breakable) AND it was only $12. Woohoo! So, I brought it home, and realized it was everything I was hoping it would be. 



So, box be gone. We've had a changing of the guard, and it is good!

4 comments:

Kelly @ View along the way said...

What a grand, happy guy! Love him!

Alicia said...

Oh! I love it. Lions are my favorite. I bought a few (handmade figurines) from the Ugandan market each summer that I went. I really like yours!

lesliesews said...

Not my thing in my extremely country, hand-me down, my treasure (someone else's trash) home, but it looks great! Incredible that you could find what you were looking for at a reasonable price. Good Shopping!

Edwina said...

I love it! Looks great! And by the way, I miss you bunches!