Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Smell of the Beach

I love the smell of the beach ... you know that smell that hits you when you first open the car door near the ocean? Well, I haven't quite figured out how to replicate that, but look what I did find this weekend at Marshall's.


It has a great "tropical" smell to it. I put it in some vases I bought at IKEA a couple of weeks ago. I love how it looks on the yellow tables!
xxx
I'm so eager to also put the hanging vases I bought, also at IKEA, on the wall. (Are you sensing a theme? I really like IKEA!) I was going to do this last week, but after looking at the wall, Landon and I decided it really needed another coat of paint. Not only are there some scuffs on it, but you can just see that it's a little thin in areas.


I like the color of the sunroom. It's neutral, which allows for me to use the bright "beachy" colors, so I don't want to change it. I really thought the last homeowners had left the sunroom paint color in the garage, since they left most every other color, but of course, when I went and looked, it wasn't there. So, we hung some paint samples on the wall and picked a color that's pretty close to what is there. Landon had a good thought to use the same color for the office, which if you'll remember, needs a fresh coat of paint, too. :)


So, hopefully we'll be able to pull out the paint brushes this weekend and at least get the sunroom done!

No comments: