Sunday, January 23, 2011

Creating a Beach Oasis

Whew, yesterday was such a busy day! Landon and I finally accomplished the big task of painting the dining room. It looks great. I can't wait to show you the pics. We have to get everything back in place today, so pics will be coming soon!

Another room I've been thinking about lately is my sunroom. It's located right off of my living room and looks out onto the backyard. Currently, it's empty except for a bookshelf, but my goal is to make it a serene reading room. I'd love to give it a "beachy" feel, and matter of fact, I brought home some shells with me last time I went to visit Landon's parents in Miami.

Well, the other day, I was in one of my favorite stores - Kohl's - on my lunch break, browsing for various things. I stopped by the "home" section and a few things definitely caught my eye:




I'm thinking these would be perfect for my beach theme. I didn't get them but may have to watch for them to go on sale. Also, I saw this:


Who knew Kohl's had furniture? Just another reason to love that store!

4 comments:

Ashley Newton said...

We SOOO almost registered for that pillow AND saw all that furniture and were shocked too!!! We did however register for the entryway organizer bench and shelf that were in that section!! I LOVED the beachy stuff too!!

Monique said...

Some family/friend photos at the beach might be fun.

Kristin said...

Monique - I agree! I took some pics in Miami when I was there over Christmas, so my plan is to frame them.

Kristin said...

Ashley - I loved all the Kohl's stuff. I saw the entryway organizer, too!