Friday, January 28, 2011

Our First "Official" Overnight Guest

Landon and I have a guest coming today! Landon's cousin, Laura, is coming down from Oklahoma to spend the weekend with us. We haven't seen her in a while and she's never been to this area, so we are excited to show her around. It's going to be a beautiful weekend here in Texas ... the temperatures will be in the high 60s! If you are a little jealous, just remember, our temps will get up to 110 degrees this summer ...

Laura is our first "official" overnight guest in the new house. I say first "official" because technically my coworker and friend, Monica, house/dog sat for us while we were in Nashville for Thanksgiving. So, she has stayed in the guest room, but we weren't here to enjoy her company.

As you may remember, I recently bought some new bedding and pillows for my guest room. Well, this week has been a busy week at work, so I haven't had time to do much around the house, but I did make one little purchase to add to the guest room in prep for Laura's visit. I had an extra reed diffuser at home and found some new fragrance oil and these cute reeds at Walmart, so I thought I'd make good use of it!


I know, it's not much, but I was excited to add it to the room. It's the little things.

So, because Laura will be here this weekend, I'll have to put my table project on hold, but hopefully I can make some headway next weekend.

2 comments:

Monica said...

cute! i can't wait to see it since it already looks so different from when i house-sat!

Unknown said...

I'm honored to have been your first official overnight guest!! I had such a wonderful time with you two and hope to get back down there again in the spring!!! Thank you so much for having me!!