Thursday, January 6, 2011

Well, Here Goes ...

After a few months of scouring design blogs, obsessing over paint colors and telling anyone who would listen about my ideas, I decided to take the leap and start this blog.

Blogging is something I've longed to do for a while, probably because I love social media and everything goes with it. I am constantly reading blogs for work and am amazed at the dedication and knowledge of bloggers. The problem has always been, thought, that I could never pinpoint what the topic of a blog written by me should be.

Well, when my awesome husband and I bought a home last October, I quickly developed an interest in design and DIY decorating blogs.That's when the blogging itch returned.


To be completely honest, I've never really thought I had great style. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm okay, but I'm not one who is up on the latest trends. That said, I really want to make my home warm and inviting. I look at other blogs and think, "Surely I can do that." So, I'm determined to change my unstylish ways!

I have a few projects already on my list to tackle (oh, and did I mention I'm not real handy?). Therefore, I hope you'll stop by from time-to-time to see my successes and failures in design, DIY, baking and anything else that goes along with making a house a home!

I figure this will be the place to keep you informed and smiling, because I guarantee there will be some good (and comical) adventures. I promise to be honest, open and hopefully entertaining. And, who knows ... you might even see me develop some style over time! So, here goes nothing!


5 comments:

Ashley Newton said...

I LOVE IT!!!

Kristin said...

Thanks, Ashley! I'm excited about giving this a go!

kerriann said...

In the words of Burt Bacharach, "We're not meant to live alone. Turn this house into a home."

Edwina said...

Yea! Can't wait to see the photos of your new home.

Wayne Causey said...

great! keep writing!!