Monday, January 10, 2011

More than a Closet

Well, it's a rare treat in Texas, but we actually had snow yesterday! We easily had one to two inches.

Fortunately, it was warmer on Saturday, which allowed me to tackle a project I've been wanting to do since we moved. I was hoping to have the post about it done, but it just didn't happen. So, for now, let's talk about something else.

Since it's only Landon, me and the two dogs at home, we are fortunate to use the third bedroom as our office/extra room. We really don't own that much furniture, yet by the time we put our desk, exercise bike and all my scrapbook items (which is a lot) in the room, it seemed kind of cluttered. So, I was very excited when I saw an inspiring post by The Painted Hive about turning a closet into an office.

We have quite a big closet in the third bedroom, so after talking it over with Landon and measuring to make sure the desk would fit, we decided to give it a go!

Here it is before. Sorry the pic isn't the best, but I took it on my phone:

And here it now:

I really like it. It not only provides us more space, but also adds an interesting element to the room.

Did you notice the wall above the closet? The previous owners used this room for their boys and decided to stencil the first two lines of the beloved song, "Deep in the Heart of Texas." Texans have a lot of pride for their state, but as much as I do love Texas, this element of the room will not be staying. Eventually, we'll paint over it. We're going to paint the inside of the closet the Sea Spray color from "The Cole Color Palette." I can't wait!

Do you have any other space saving secrets? If so, let me know!

No comments: