Friday, January 7, 2011

Everyone Needs a Little Inspiration

I have to give my good friend, Courtney, credit for my obsession with design. blogs You might know Courtney, because she has a fabulous blog called Practicing Creativity, which I highly recommend!

Well, Courtney is the one who recommended the first design blog I began following -- The Lettered Cottage, written by Kevin and Layla Palmer. If you are looking for inspiration, then you must check out their blog. Layla and Kevin have a great sense of style and amaze me with their talent!

The great thing about blogs is that once you find one great blog, you will easily be able to find others. So from The Lettered Cottage, I also discovered another VERY useful blog for a novice designer like me -- Young House Love. What's great about this blog is that not only are there amazing ideas from this couple's own design adventures, but they also blog about some of the fundamentals of design, which I'll be telling more about in future posts.


I've listed some of my other favorite bloggers in the blogroll to the right. While I favor blogs (because you can get FREE design and cooking ideas), I'm also a fan of magazines such as Better Homes & Gardens, Real Simple and Cook's Illustrated.
What about you? Where do you pull inspiration? Do you have a favorite magazine or blog? If so, I want to know!


No comments: