Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bedroom Switcheroo

I decided to change up my bedroom this weekend. When I originally told Landon this, he gave me one of those looks. You know the kind ...

See, when we first looked at our house, the previous owners had their bed up against the window. When we officially gained the keys and began moving things in, I was pretty set on not having it that way. I wanted something different, but because of the shape of the room and the various doors, there was only one other option. So this is what we settled on.

This is taken from the doorway. The door in the back is my side of the Jack-and-Jill bathroom.
This angle is taken standing in front of Landon's side of the bathroom.
Well, we lived with this configuration for five months before I decided maybe the bed in front of the window was the way to go! When I told Landon this, he asked how I thought I was going to move our big, heavy furniture. After reading a couple of other blogs, I realized the furniture sliders were the way to go.
I had my doubts. Matter of fact, after we put sliders under all four posts of the bed, I looked at Landon and said, "Do you think this is going to be as easy as they say it is?" His reply? "No." I felt the same, but to my surprise, that bed slid right across the floor with ease. I'm officially sold on sliders! 

Here is what the room looks like now:




The pictures just don't do it justice (still need to work on my photography skills with all my free time ... ha!). It actually really opens up the room. Plus, I now have a great empty wall to hang up my pictures and perhaps some new art.


No comments: