Thursday, March 17, 2011

Leprechaun Visits & Green Things

Happy St. Patrick's Day! This is always one of those holidays that sneaks up on me. I usually don't remember it's upon us until I've already left the house without green on ,and pray that I don't run into that one person who pinches really hard. But, good news, this year I remembered so I am wearing green today.

This is not really a holiday I celebrate, but I do have one fond memory of it ... and it happens to be from kindergarten. I know, strange, but I'll never forget walking into Ms. Moorehead's classroom on Feb. 17 to see that a "leprechaun" had visited our classroom. Not only had he visited, but he had left green footprints all over the classroom. He even decided to walk on the toilet seat in the bathroom. As a kindergartner, this was hilarious. So, for any of you teachers out there, you might want to ask a "leprechaun" to drop by next year, because your students will forever remember it!

In addition, since today's all about green, I thought I'd show you something green I bought this past weekend.


Now, to most of you, this is probably not a big deal, but I tend to have a history with plants. I just can't keep them alive. My "mema" once gave me a plant that she said, "You can't kill this." I promise, it didn't take more than a month and it was gone. Actually, I think I've killed every plant I've ever owned. The problem is that I forget to water. It's so easy, yet so hard! So, I'm determined to keep this one alive! Actually, I might plant it in the backyard, where the sprinklers can make sure it gets water everyday. Then, it is sure to stay alive! Now, I think I may have to try growing some tomatoes next to go with all my fresh basil ...

3 comments:

Edwina said...

I always remember the leprechaun visits to the Kindergarten classes at Lakeview whenever I think of St. Patrick's Day (I also remembered it today as I was driving to work wearing my pink sweater & grey slacks!).

Elizabeth said...

I am like you about forgetting to water my plants. I don't have any at home, but I do have two in my office. I actually write "Water Plants" on my to-do list every week so that I don't forget!

Kairos said...

You're right about the leprechaun. "Lemmy the Leprechaun" visited us in kindergarten, and later that day we drank green milk. Won't ever forget it!